- GEMS (Guided Endo Microsurgery) course
- 14 CE
- 2-day course
- Live patients’ demonstration
Course content: Guided Endodontic Microsurgery (GEMS) is a proven method for failing non-surgically Endodontically retreated teeth. Utilizing magnification, root-end preparation, and root-end filling materials. The practitioner can expect good success rates following this protocol. There are occasions however where endodontic microsurgery may be particularly difficult, such as challenging anatomical features or limited surgical access. Course objective:
- Proper DX and and tx planning.
- Traditional apicoectomy vs GEMS Method
- Understanding the digital workflow associated GEMS method and the proper protocol.
- Learn how to efficiently and safely perform apicoectomies using GEMS method including training in the concepts of bone grafting and minor flap designs.
- Armamentarium and kit utilization
Students will have the chance to perform surgery on simulation manikins in addition to attending live patient demonstration. Tuition fee: $2500 refund and cancellation allowed up to 48 hours before the start of the course.
Location: 9950 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA 92618
Faculty: Dr. Hamid Abedi MSc. DDS